You know when you get that weird feeling in your gut, you don’t quite know if it’s indigestion from 3am Taco Bell or if it’s a spicy take.
On this rare occasion, it’s the latter for me.
I think Trevor Lawrence is about to return to Clemson the same way Tim Tebow returned to Florida in 2009.
Let’s start by saying that Trevor is 100 times the prospect that Tebow ever was, but the competitive nature aligns and I’ll be the first to say, take the guaranteed money.
Let’s rewind to 2009. Florida has just won the natty and the celebration was commencing. Tebow steps on stage and everyone thinks he’s about to announce that he’s declaring for the draft.
Tim said “ Swerve” (probably) and said he’s returning for his senior season.
His senior season resulted in a 8-5 record and was extremely underwhelming and resulted in a 13-1 record and a sugar bowl win.
Okay, so what does this have to do with T-Law?
Trevor has had an amazing college career that has resulted in him being the consensus number one overall pick…. what else? One national championship sure, no one can take that away, but no Heisman… it could’ve been his this year, but Covid took that away.
If you look at the next two drafts, Trevor is a certified number one pick. If he goes into the draft this year or the next year, he will still be a number one pick. A serious injury is the only thing that risks his draft potential.
Here’s the caveat, if Trevor wins the Natty again this year, he’s done. Jags/Jets, enjoy your franchise QB.
If he doesn’t win, expect him to make a heroic return to Clemson and win all of the trophies. The ones that he will never have a chance to get again.
Quick recap, win and he’s in the NFL. Lose and Trevor dominates the ACC for another year.
- Postseason Red Sox are ELECTRICAfter what I would call a lackluster second half of the regular season, the Red Sox barely hung on to play for the Wild Card spot. But boy were we in for a treat from this team come time to take the field. The Red Sox have been absolutely electric since postseason baseball began. From … Continue reading Postseason Red Sox are ELECTRIC
- What is Going on in the NHL (Week 1)What’s going on BOTA fam? Hope you all are ripping it up this summer and not pumping the brakes yet. I will be starting up a new segment here for news around the NHL as the free agency buzz winds down a bit. We will be taking a dive into absolutely mindboggling signings (Um Darnell … Continue reading What is Going on in the NHL (Week 1)
- Kraken It Wide OpenThe long waited return is over. Soggi Boi is back in the blog game. Now that this NHL season is finally over, and the Tampa Bay Asterisks have won back to back Cups, the time has finally come. The NHL is getting its 32nd team in a little less than a month, and this Soggi … Continue reading Kraken It Wide Open
- 32 Teams 32 Questions: Did the Bengals Make the Right Choice with Chase?It’s easy for Bengals fans to get excited about the future. You drafted a star QB last season and this season you paired him with his favorite receiver from his time in the bayou. I mean just look at the 2019 stats.⠀ 84 receptions ⠀1780 yards ⠀20 TDs⠀ Those are just monster numbers that separate … Continue reading 32 Teams 32 Questions: Did the Bengals Make the Right Choice with Chase?
- 32 Teams 32 Questions: Is Baker Worth the MoneyBaker Mayfield is another polarizing young QB. As fans, we’ve seen and celebrated the highs and lived with the lows. Now entering year four and the final year of his contract, the question stands, should the Browns pay Baker? The biggest argument against paying him, is his 2019 season, where we saw a promising Browns … Continue reading 32 Teams 32 Questions: Is Baker Worth the Money